Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Magnolia Tree Photo Shoot

Why I try to get the perfect photos is really beyond me.

Wes and I planted the Magnolia tree in the front yard the year Aiden was born. And so I've made it my personal tradition to take the boys' photo in front of the beautiful spring flowers every year. The poses I get speak for themselves:
Tough guy pose.
Me, "Ahhh no...I want a pretty picture in front of the tree" (take 20 pictures)
Boys, "You want a pretty picture of the tree"
Me, "No - stand pretty next to the tree and smile" (another 15 pictures)
Me, "Jude put down that stick and stand next to each other"
Boys, "Sorry Mom" (10 more shots)
Me, "How about crouch down and smile"
Still not smiling...what are those faces doing...
ahh yes...they're laughing at me out right.
Aiden, "Yea Mom...pretty sure you're not going to get this picture"
Jude, "HA...what a joke!"

I give up on nice photos of two boys and go for single shots...with a little more luck.
...even if it's hamming it up smiles. :)
Finally give up and just take a picture of the pretty flowers.
And then the boys get to do what they were really intending on doing the minute I brought them outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment