Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Spring 2012 Flash Back

As I'm looking back at photos that I took in both 2012 and 2013, I'm beginning to realize how busy we were those two years and why this blog kind of got put on the back burner for a bit.  I think this is about the time I started to go back to work at the office, rather than from home.  Still part time, may-be 30 hours, but it was a significant shift for our family and kept us all on our toes.  I will try to remember some of the stories, although likely the details will be a bit mushy.  A picture is worth a thousand words though right...and photos we do have!
 Spring of 2012, Grandma Barb headed west to Colorado.  Corrinn was stuck in bed, pregnant with twins and had two busy toddlers that didn't quite understand the concept of slow.  So, back in Iowa we celebrated Easter with Grandpa John, keeping him busy dying and hiding Easter eggs.  



The egg finding concept was not at all lost on these two boys that year.  Both had serious egg finding skills.  Jude's angle was to have Mom carry the egg bag so he could run faster!  If I remember correctly, I think Grandma found an egg the following summer out in the garden with a bit of questionable looking chocolate in it.  
I forgot about this ham that Wes made that year.  Definitely the real deal there...eat your heart out Martha Stewart!  :)
 Aiden also had Aiden's kindergarten circus performance that spring.  It was in the middle school gym, and was quite the event.  Love Bear's little hands on his knees below!
 Aiden's role was popcorn sales man.  So in between each 'act' the 5 popcorn sellers would come out and have a funny line about selling popcorn, soda, etc.  

 It was almost more fun to watch the popcorn crew on the sidelines...it's not easy to sit and be patient while the others are performing.  The chicken dance started playing, and the urge to dance was apparently a bit too much to resist for Aiden and his classmate!  

This next photo was on my phone and what a little gem it is!!  No pants and sporting Daddy's shoes in a PJ shirt.  Classic   Isn't it wonderful when kiddos can surprise you with a good giggle from time to time.   :)
  Naura and Nayana arrived May 2nd, such cute little peanuts.
  The Colorado crew was just out this past summer back in Iowa, and I officially gifted my baby sweaters just a hair over two years late, thank-you very much.  
 Grandma was pleased as punch, how can you not be when you're holding two little sweethearts.  This brought her grand kid count up to 6, 3 boys and 3 girls!!
 Wyatt was thrilled with the babies as well,
but Navi....    
Ha, ha, actually she absolutely loved those babies too!  
This photo of her tops the charts for me, and I had to include it here.  Ankur took it of her and I forget what she was...let's say 'expressing her opinion' about.  The look is 100% Corrinn though, and I can guarantee that I probably hold the record for receiving this look from her mother over the years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment